New Link - CLICK ON "NEW LINK" TO VIEW THE USDA DIETARY INTAKE MODULE FOR YOUTH
New Link - CLICK "NEW LINK" TO VIEW HEALTH TIPS FOR YOUTH ATHLETES
New Link - CLICK ON "NEW LINK" TO VIEW THE FOOD PYRAMID
1. Make sure your children know that--win or lose--you love them and are not disappointed with their performance.
2. Be realistic about your child's physical ability.
3. Help your child set realistic goals.
4. Emphasize improved performance, not winning. Positively reinforce improved skills.
5. Don't relive your own athletic past through your child.
6. Provide a safe environment for training and competition.
7. Control your own emotions at games and events. Don't yell at other players, coaches, or officials.
8. Be a cheerleader for your child and the other children on the team.
9. Respect your child's coaches. Communicate openly with them. If you disagree with their approach, discuss it with them.
10. Be a positive role model. Enjoy sports yourself. Set your own goals. Live a healthy life style.
DAILY HEALTHY HABITS